Visit our farm site!



http://graswerka.wordpress.com/

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cutting Ties

It has been an emotional couple of weeks. I am completely 'out of the closet' about leaving the practice with both clients and staff. It is such a relief! I am torn between doing a goofy happy dance every time i think about leaving and the sadness of leaving my client-friends behind. I have quite a few really special relationships built-up over the years. I have been talking to those special people the last few weeks as they come in -to let them know what is going on. It has been heart warming, without exception the response has been 'good for you!' What a great bunch of human beings!
On the other hand my business partner has not been so great. Locking me out of our business software program, not paying me the first quarter's management paycheck. I final told her how unacceptable that was, I was such a wimp with her, but yesterday I was ready to walkout and hire an attorney if she would not cooperate. I almost caved but in the end she will not be shorting me. One small battle won! I am trying very hard to be calm and professional-I would like to salvage a professional relationship with her if possible. Career wise it is a small community and it just reflects poorly on both people if we resort to petty crap.

No comments: