Visit our farm site!



http://graswerka.wordpress.com/

Friday, October 1, 2010

I'VE MISSED YOU GUYS!!

Where to start? I've been gone from Small Life so long...the house is up, we are no longer living in the camper (yay), we successfully raised and marketed 120 Freedom Ranger meat birds and the girls have adapted well to the small school. We have 9 nearly 4 month old egg chicks on grass in their tractor. Their winter coop will be up sometime in the next month...(think warm thoughts for us in WI). Our house has not YET sold, although I think we have it at the right price now and have had 4 showings in the last 2 weeks (fingers crossed!)

Overall the move is a positive one; I love the space, the views, the sandhill cranes calling and the geese migrating. Now the struggle will be to make this life different from the previous one-not just a longer commute and a bigger 'lawn'. Is 'GrassWorks Family Farm' a business, a hobby farm or a homestead?

We (I) am still struggling with work/professional issues. Sell or don't sell the business, work for the local clinic part-time, local relief work, stay at home? It sure is nice to have options, but choices make me crazy! If GrassWorks is to be a business then we need someone to be home. As I write about it the choices seem clear (but then I pay bills and come to different conclusion!)

I am writing this at a WiFi connected cafe on my 'going to town' errand day. I hope to have internet at home soon but for now the posts will be sporadic.

What do you want to hear/see more of? Questions, suggestions welcomed otherwise I will continue to ramble and diary our progress.


3 comments:

Miss Effie said...

Nice to see you back! As far as answers ... all I can say is to follow your bliss. Its not easy.... but what it lacks in material things, it makes up for in peace and joy.

Judy T said...

Welcome back! Glad you're still kicking! It sounds like you've been busy, busy, busy! I would love to see pictures of the new house.
Good luck getting your old house sold. I know it seems to drag on forever.
Judy

Rachel said...

welcome back!