Visit our farm site!



http://graswerka.wordpress.com/

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Healer Heal Thyself

I have (re) started the first step in what I hope will be a long and wonderful learning experience. North American Institute of Medical Herbalism has distance learning available and I am ready to learn. Their First Course in Medical Herbalism contains 2 disks, a kit of 15 herbs, and a journal to record impressions on taste, energetics, and effects of each herb as you experience each one. I purchased this last winter but didn't get too far. I listened to the lecture on Vitalism last night. I need to listen again to really let things soak in, but his description of medicine as a balance between tradition and experience, between scientific and intuition was a huge relief to me. He also talked about healers needing to have the insight and faith that goes along with healing yourself first; being able to recognize the vital (the difference between a crunchy carrot and a wilty one!), having the insight to recognize a healing crisis when it arises and the confidence to guide someone past the crisis. I accept that challenge for myself; to remove the barriers which are keeping me from being the extra crunchy carrot :)

I am also working on our farm website at wordpress-more info when it is presentable to the public!

No comments: